Position Description: Provide administrative and financial services to profit center.
Reports To: Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager
- Assist accountant to ensure client contractual requirements are met in regard to billing and accounts receivable.
- Support the accountant to audit client billing and project ledger, in compliance with contract requirements, GAAP and company policy.
- Process accounts payable for vendor invoices and ensure accounts are up to date for assigned projects.
- Process accounts payable for subcontractor invoices, and work with accountant to ensure all applicable lien waivers are submitted and contracts and insurance requirements are in place.
- Assist with completing the monthly close process, ensuring all client bills and project costs are posted or accrued if work is in place and of material value.
- Provide monthly updates to projects assets and rentals for insurance documentation with project team.
- Assist with project financial closeout, ensure final contract amount and closeout documentation requirements have been met as agreed to by subcontractors.
- Assist with all internal and external audit requests.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an an accredited and credentialed degree program
- General knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Must be accountable to research problems and resolve to completion, escalate issues promptly, learn and apply knowledge quickly, and meet deadlines
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, maintain accuracy, and self-check work
- Able to work independently, with some oversight, and in team environment
- Must follow established procedures and execute directions to completion without need of follow up by management
- Must have good work ethic and integrity, dependable, adaptable, cooperative, and motivated to take on new responsibilities
- Professional written and verbal communication abilities and general office skills
- Data entry skills and proficiency with databases and computer applications, including MS Office
- A positive attitude and energetic spirit!
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. The employee will typically work in an office environment where the work environment is usually quiet.
West Hood Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor